Millie is a new kind of maternity clinic built by moms and care providers who’ve been there. We are reimagining the hospital-based U.S. maternity experience with a tech-enabled OB/Midwifery clinic model extended with virtual care and remote monitoring. We aim to provide more complete, continuous, inclusive, and empowered to create better outcomes and experiences – from conception through the first year of parenthood. Millie’s maternity and gynecology services are covered by all major insurance plans including Medi-Cal.
We are successful when all reproductive patients, regardless of background:
- Feel seen and heard as the multidimensional people they are.
- Feel confident and supported in their decisions.
- Can easily access trusted and skilled support when and how they choose.
- Experience a healthier reproductive journey, including pregnancy, birth, and postpartum. This includes (but is not limited to) reduced rates of preterm births, NICU stays, and C-sections, earlier detection of complications, and, last but not least, a better patient experience.
This is an opportunity to raise the bar for maternity care and work with a team of inspiring and committed people. If you are passionate about improving maternal health through holistic, whole-person care, come join us!
About the role
We are looking for a Medical Assistant to join our team at our Berkeley, CA clinic location. As a Medical Assistant at Millie you will be responsible for providing support to our clinicians and patients through a variety of tasks related to patient care management.
- Handle clinic opening and closing tasks
- Adhere to state policies and guidelines
- Assist with back office tasks as needed and within scope such as; rooming patients, taking vitals, administering vaccines, procedure prep and collecting lab specimens ● Assist in office based procedures
- Assist clinical staff with administrative tasks that benefit patient care
- Manage patient follow-up and messaging support for providers
- Greet patients professionally both in person and over the phone ● Assist with front office duties as needed
- Register patients into EPIC and maintain patient schedules
We are looking for a compassionate and professional Medical Assistant who:
- Can multitask while keeping up with high patient volumes
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills for patient outreach
- Has strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Can work independently as well as participate in team problem solving
- Passionate about patient care and Millie’s mission and values
- 1-3 years of experience in an OBGYN or reproductive health setting
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Phlebotomy training and experience (strongly preferred)
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with Epic EHR
- Strong knowledge of billing and insurance questions
- Proficiency in computer technology such as navigating different internet browsers and using multiple software systems simultaneously
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Annual professional development stipend
- A collaborative team culture and the opportunity to shape a new standard for hospital-based maternity care
- Opportunity to join a growing company with room for growth and promotion
At Millie, we are committed to health equity and culturally competent care. We prioritize, affirm, and celebrate diversity within our team, providers, and patients. We encourage BIPOC and LGBTQ+ individuals, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.
Please send us your resume and a statement of interest at email@example.com to apply.