We’re looking for a full-time (preferred) or part-time Certified Nurse-Midwife to deliver full-spectrum perinatal care and basic gynecology at our new perinatal practice in Berkeley, CA.
Full-Time or Part-Time
Millie is reimagining the hospital-based U.S. perinatal experience. We aim to provide more complete, inclusive, and empowering care with better maternal health outcomes by centering midwifery care (with OB collaboration when needed) as a standard in the U.S.
Our Berkeley, CA in-person clinic provides a warm and welcoming environment for holistic perinatal care. At Millie, support extends beyond the clinic through app-based education, remote monitoring, and virtual care spanning specialties. We partner with Alta Bates Campus Birth Center for our labor and delivery services — and all services are covered by major insurance plans and Medi-Cal. Our patient population is very diverse and we hope to build a clinical team that reflects the patients we serve.
Our clinic and care team are successful when all birthing parents, regardless of background:
- Feel valued, respected, and heard.
- Feel confident and supported in their decisions.
- Can easily access trusted and skilled support.
- Experience a healthier pregnancy, birth, and postpartum journey.
This includes (but is not limited to) reduced rates of preterm births, NICU stays, C-sections, earlier detection of complications, and a better experience.
This is an opportunity to raise the bar for maternity care, shape a growing midwifery practice, and work with a team of inspiring and committed people. If you are passionate about improving maternal health come join us!
About the role
We’re looking for a full-time or part-time Certified Nurse-Midwife to deliver full-scope midwifery care, including perinatal care and basic gynecology at our new practice in Berkeley, CA. Our clinic appointment times are longer than typical hospital-based practices – enough time to give high quality patient education and support. Our patients are also emotionally and educationally supported as they are paired with a Millie Guide (practicing doula) who prepares them for childbirth, postpartum, chest/breastfeeding and newborn care. Our patients also have access to the Millie app, which includes a robust perinatal curriculum to accompany your clinical care.
- Provide full-scope midwifery care during antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum at our Berkeley clinic, Alta Bates Campus Birth Center, and virtually.
- Provide basic gynecology services such as contraception, STIs, vaginitis, and annual preventative care exams.
- Provide medication abortion services.
- Collaborate with other team members (e.g., obstetricians, nurses, doulas, nutritionists, therapists, etc.).
- Communicate effectively with patients during and between appointments to ensure questions are answered and concerns are addressed by leveraging Millie’s app and technology.
We are looking for a compassionate and driven midwife who has:
- 3+ years of experience working as a midwife, preferably in a full-scope setting.
- Commitment to promoting health equity and racial justice work.
- Commitment to providing unbiased, patient-centered care.
- Commitment to reproductive justice and supporting principles of bodily autonomy, self-determination, and cultural respect.
- Eager to join a team that is collaborative and supportive of one another’s needs as we navigate a growing practice and flexible schedules.
- Able to take 24 hour labor and delivery shifts at Alta Bates Hospital.
- An active Certified Nurse-Midwife license in the state of CA and certification by the AMCB. LMs/CPMs are encouraged to contact us if interested in working with Millie as we will have future opportunities.
- NRP and BLS certification up to date.
- Skills/training in the following areas are a plus: bilingual, motivational interviewing, lactation certifications, nutrition/diabetes training, cesarean first assist, and/or teaching movement or meditation practices.
What we offer:
- A collaborative team with the opportunity to shape a new standard for hospital-based maternity care
- Protected administrative time
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Annual professional development stipend
- Reimbursement for professional licenses and fees
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance reimbursement
At Millie, we are committed to health equity and culturally competent care — as well as prioritizing, affirming, and celebrating diversity within our team, clinicians, and patients. We strongly encourage BIPOC and LGBTQ+ individuals, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.
Please send us your resume and a statement of interest at email@example.com to apply.